Monday, April 2, 2012

Monday, Apr 2

Good Evening, folks! It looks like an exciting night in the area tonight! We are talking thunder and rain! Perhaps the first good storm of the season, here come your April Showers Mom! Current conditions are 64° F with winds from the Southeast and a mere 1008 mB of barometric pressure. The skies are grey after a brief period of clear skies around 6 (when the pressure bottomed out) and storms are expected! AS that low passes to the South of us, the winds will shift to the East and storms will roll in as warm, moist air pushed up from the south collides with the cool parcel of air that dominated our weekend here. Just look at the K index for Minneapolis, earlier in the day:

That 27 means scattered thunderstorms folks, and they are coming this way. I expect precipitation by midnight, accompanied by a cacophony of thunder. We wont be getting it as good as the areas further south in the country, such as Northern Texas and Oklahoma as illuminated by the nauseous green in this accuweather map. I hope that they don't get it too bad.

P.S. it took me an obscenely long time to isolate that graphic from accuweather. I got it now though. I am a web MASTER. Unfortunately, I could only figure out how to get the maps for the FUTURE. So here is what it should look like right when I fall asleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment