Monday, February 27, 2012

Monday, Feb. 27

Today has been a fairly böring day for weather, tonights's observation brings a 27°F temp with clear skies and a light breeze of 10 mph. There is a strong mass of Low pressure moving in from the west, which weather agencies had predicted would bring a great deal of snow (rumor had it school was to be cancelled), however predictions have been reassessed and the current predication is for less snow - but worse driving. A small mix of freezing rain will likely make me happy that I don't work tomorrow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ED: Wednesday Feb 29
I wasn't planning on putting up an image tonight, because the weather was so boring, but I saw Tyler DeBruin had this image up so I decided to steal it. There are three things I like about it. 1) It shows the earth as a globe which is a projection that i always enjoy even though I find it ironic that someone would try to solve the issue of mapping a 3d surface in 2d by just providing a shot of the globe which limits the area that can be displayed. 2) The map gives a really good shot of the lake effect around Chicago and Toledo. 3) For no apparent reason, Canada is completely excluded from the weather. This is a recurring theme and its becoming something of a pet peeve of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment