Sunday, February 26, 2012

Saturday, Feb 25; and Sunday, Feb 26

Sunday - Feb 26 7:15 PM

I began my return trek at 6:00 today so was able to view up-to date stats at shortly after seven today to go with my observation. The clouds are a blanket overhead, and have been since about noon. The winds are even stronger today, I can even notice a couple of gusts pushing against the side of my car down the interstate. They are 20 mph form the SW. The ambient temperature is 32°F, but with the winds it feels like 22°. The winds are caused by a high pressure front moving in from the West, some are forecasting massive amounts of snow, but given our history this month I am somewhat skeptical of anything big happening. We shall see.

----------------------------------------------------------
Saturday - Feb 25 7:00 PM

Today (as on Sunday) I took my observations and then drove home to Hudson. Internet at home is sketchy at best - not having the patience to load the entire blogger site I opted to merely write out my observations and get to them today. So it was chilly with again 23° F temps with a moderate breeze that picked up in the late afternoon (later determined to be 10 mph, thanks to my new favorite thing). Nothing much had happened with the weather today that was noteworthy, other than the breeze making my life of sweeping exceedingly difficult. The skies were clear in Eau Claire, but by 8:30 in Hudson the sky was overcast. As I drove west through the changing weather I had the opportunity to see clear skies turn to scattered clouds, then drop and turn into an overcast sky which was neat. Something else that was interesting was that as I approached Hudson, the west grew lighter and lighter. At first, I hoped that I was seeing the last vestiges of the sun, and could expect to see more light at my observations soon. But no, it wasn't. The light was merely pollution from the metro.

No comments:

Post a Comment